The PMO has defended its decision over the revocation of National Emergency after Agong’s statement that created a huge controversy.
PM Muhyiddin Yassin’s office has said that it had advised the Yang di-Pertuan Agong to annul the emergency ordinances even before the special Parliament sitting convened on July 26. The Prime Minister, in a statement, said that he is carrying out his duties and responsibilities, it was important for him to act in accordance with the law and the constitution.
Muhyiddin Yassin said that it was pre-decided during the last cabinet meeting last week on 21 July that Agong will not be informed regarding the decision of Emergency.
“The decision was made in accordance to the law,” PM Muhyiddin categorically said in his statement.
Kenyataan Media Pejabat Perdana Menteri – 29 Julai 2021 pic.twitter.com/MGw6AywQKQ