Categories
Malaysia News Top Stories

Kedah MB’s Office Closed After Staff Diagnosed With Coronavirus

Kuala Lumpur: The office of the Kedah Menteri Besar has been called shut after diagnosis of a staff with coronavirus. The premises will be closed for functioning between January 31 to February 2.  The Covid case was found in a state government department located in the building. The Kedah Integrity and Governance Department, located in the same building, will also be closed effective today until February 6.

Entire premises will be sanitised and all its staff to be self-quarantined in the during this period. 
Meanwhile, the Kedah State Water Resources Board said its operations were also closed from today until Feb 6.

Follow MyShorts-NewsIn60Words

Support MyShorts: Take a minute to share this article on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. Please help, We are team of young editors dedicated to creating fact-checked news content and curating it for people who don’t have time to read long articles.

Categories
Malaysia News

Langkawi: A Fear Of New Cluster Ground

Kuala Lumpur: The Kedah State Health Department (JKN) has denied the report of no Covid-19 positive cases on the island. JKN director Dr Mohd Fikri Ujang said that his party also did not conduct targeted screening tests on tourists island.

Langkawi has become the hot topic of the new Covid-19 cluster ground across social media since the eve of the 31st December.

The fear has raised among the locals after actor and social media personality, Harris Annuar was reported positive for Covid-19 on 4 January. He tested after undergoing a screening test at a private clinic in Bangi, Selangor.

However, Harris was previously said to have returned a few days from a holiday on Langkawi Island.

During the New Year party, people from across the country had arrived on Langkawi island to celebrate the New Year on the 31st night.

According to reports, more than 10 people have been tested after 31st night in Langkawi.

Several social media stories have claimed that people were partying and enjoying with no social distancing and masks.

A social media user (@MalaysianCitiz3) shared in a video wherein people were partying despite the government warning. Tagging the Ministry of health, the user wrote: “Expatriates and KL People flew to Kedah & now flouting SOPs.\

Follow MyShorts-NewsIn60Words

Support MyShorts: Take a minute to share this article on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. Please help, We are team of young editors dedicated to creating fact-checked news content and curating it for people who don’t have time to read long articles.

Categories
Top Stories

Fear Raises Among Hindu Community As Temples At Risk Of Being Demolished

Kuala Lumpur: Hindu community people are getting hurt over the temple demolition issue in Kedah. A Hindu group, Malaysia Hindhu Dharma Maamandram, said that the move will break the social harmony and will disturb unity in the country. Fear of the temple demolition has been raised among the Hindu community since the 50-year old Sri Raja Muniswarar Temple in Taman Bersatu, in Kuala Kedah was pulled down by Alor Setar City Council. 

During an interview on Facebook, the special officer of Kedah Menteri Besar has revealed that the state has a total of 523 temples, in which only 25 are built on their own land. He said that it is unclear who gave them permission to build temples on the government gazette land. 

He further said that the government has already informed the community to address the issue of illegal temples in the state. 

Earlier, Malaysia Hindhu Dharma Maamandram president Radhakrishnan Alagamalai had said that demolition of the religious site is a sensitive issue and the discussion must be held between the government and community before destroying the temples.  

Meanwhile, PAS President Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang, who defended the Kedah government’s recent move of demolition of the Hindu temple, said that it was a legal matter, not a religious one.  

Recently, Human Resources Minister M Saravanan had blasted at Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor, Menteri Besar of Kedah, accusing him that he broke the promise to inform him if any temples were to be demolished in the state. 

Follow MyShorts-NewsIn60Words

Support MyShorts: Take a minute to share this article on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. Please help, We are team of young editors dedicated to creating fact-checked news content and curating it for people who don’t have time to read long articles.

Categories
Malaysia News

Kedah MB Hits Out At MIC And DAP Over Hindu Temple Demolition Row

Kuala Lumpur: Kedah Mentri Besar Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor said that MIC and DAP should work collectively for the harmony of the state rather than adding fuel in discord over the Hindu temple demolition issue. Sanusi accused MIC and DAP of ‘hypocrisy’ for not saying anything against the demolition of the silat ring near the temple.

Clarifying the issue, Kedah MB said that temples were demolished in Taman Bersatu, Kuala Kedah because they stood on the government lands. The action against temples not taken because of race, discrimination, and religion, he said in his Facebook post. 

Sooner or later, the structure buildings in every place should be legally and controlled according to the legislation and administration placed under government agencies. It has to start a long time ago, not now even it’s not too late to do it, he further added in his post. 

His statement comes a day after Human Resources Minister M Saravanan criticised Kedah MB over the demolition of Hindu temples in the state. Saravanan said that he had a meeting with Kedah MB on July 26 and he (Sanusi) promised that he will inform MIC and DAP if any action against the temple will be taken.  

Follow MyShorts-NewsIn60Words

Support MyShorts: Take a minute to share this article on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. Please help, We are team of young editors dedicated to creating fact-checked news content and curating it for people who don’t have time to read long articles.

Categories
Malaysia News

Number Of Flood Evacuees Rising In Kedah

Kuala Lumpur: The flood situation is worsening in Kedah, doubling the number of people evacuated from sheltered homes. More residents were rescued from six relief centres, increasing the number to 691 from 183 families. However, the situation in Terengganu has improved.

While in Kulim, 256 evacuees were accommodated at PPS Masjid Sungai Seluang, PPS Surau Kampung Haji Wahab, Dewan Masjid Al Huda Kampung Jerung, and 435 victims were sheltered at two PPS, in Mukim Sungai Petani and Mukim Sidam Kiri.

Heavy rain in Perak has forced 27 victims into the relief centres. The spokesperson of Perak Fire and Rescue Department, stated that the floods hit several villages in Changkat Jong, Teluk Intan forcing 76 people to be moved to the PPS at Dewan Majlis Perbandaran Teluk Intan.

However, the number of evacuees have subsided from 1,483 to 1,041 in Terengganu. State Disaster Management Committee secretariat head Leftenan Kolonel (PA) Che Adam A Rahman said the lower number followed three PPS in Kemaman shutting down with only 12 PPS operating.

Follow MyShorts-NewsIn60Words

Support MyShorts: Take a minute to share this article on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. Please help, We are team of young editors dedicated to creating fact-checked news content and curating it for people who don’t have time to read long articles.

Categories
Malaysia News

Sanusi Denies Claim Honda Accords Purchased For Kedah excos

Kuala Lumpur: Kedah Menteri Besar Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has rubbished the allegation of buying 12 Honda Accord 1.5 cars that spread on social media supposedly for the use of the state government exco line-up. He said it was completely slander and a malicious campaign against him.

He revealed that the car was instead for the use of department heads in the state and the purchase approval was made in the Kedah 2020 Budget, which was under the administration of the previous menteri besar, Mukhriz Tun Mahathir.

The purchase of the car was planned to be purchased in early 2020, but was delayed due to PKP and some technical reasons. Purchases can only be made at this time during the current MB era, he said in his statement.

Muhammad Sanusi revealed that the official cars of the departments under the state government are old and some were bought by certain department directors.

Follow MyShorts-NewsIn60Words

Support MyShorts: Take a minute to share this article on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. Please help, We are team of young editors dedicated to creating fact-checked news content and curating it for people who don’t have time to read long articles.

Categories
Malaysia News

Chow: Only Six Covid-19 Cases In Kedah Are From Penang

Kuala Lumpur: Penang Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow said that only six Covid-19 positive cases in Kedah are from the Bayan Cluster in Penang.

He refuted a statement made by Kedah Mentri Besar Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor that 77 Covid-19 cases in Kedah were “imported” from Penang. However, he stated that the state Health Department said only six positive cases in Kedah were from the Bayan Cluster in Penang.

He accepted that there were individuals from Perak and Kedah, who were working in factories in Penang.

In a press conference, he said that according to the state Health Department, only 13 positive cases in other states were from the Bayan Cluster, six in Kedah and seven in Perak.

He added that this is the time to work together, instead of pointing fingers at neighbouring countries, which is unprofessional.

Chow said that Panang has never passed such accusatory statements, and has even worked to flatten the curve.

Follow MyShorts-NewsIn60Words

Support MyShorts: Take a minute to share this article on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. Please help, We are team of young editors dedicated to creating fact-checked news content and curating it for people who don’t have time to read long articles.

Categories
Malaysia News Top Stories

Covid-19 Impact: Month-Long CMCO Imposed In 6 New States

Kuala Lumpur: Government has announced conditional movement control order (CMCO) in 6 more states- Kedah, Penang, Perak, Melaka, Johor and Terengganu, as Covid-19 cases have been rising over the past few weeks. The new move will begin on 9 November.

CMCO will end on 6 December.

According to reports, the government has also directed to extend CMCO in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Sabah until December 6.

Senior Minister Ismail Sabri Yakoob said that move comes after discussing with Ministry of Health following the Covid-19 situation in the country.

During the month-long CMCO, all the people have been advised to adhere to Covid-19 related SOPs. Residents have also been strongly advised to stay at home unless the essential work.

The government also confirmed that all the schools in CMCO areas will remain close till the further notice.

With more than 18,000 cases and 146 fatalities, Sabah is that worst-affected state by Covid-19 following Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Kedah.

Follow MyShorts-NewsIn60Words

Support MyShorts: Take a minute to share this article on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. Please help, We are team of young editors dedicated to creating fact-checked news content and curating it for people who don’t have time to read long articles.

Categories
Malaysia News

Kedah Police Distributing Aid To Rural Areas Amid Covid-19 Pandemic

Kuala Lumpur: Since the global pandemic has severely impacted poor population and needy people across the country with many difficulties, a team of Kedah Police officials are driving around Alor Janggus in Kedah, distributing aid to the needy people.

Kedah Police’s official page shared a message stating that the MPV Bonnet Program is dedicated to helping donate to the needy villagers there.

The post stated that police started this initiative while they were patrolling the area. Adding that they will continue to run this program and help people, apart from providing supplies for the people, this program, hopefully, will change any negative perception towards the police department too.

Follow MyShorts-NewsIn60Words

Support MyShorts: Take a minute to share this article on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. Please help, We are team of young editors dedicated to creating fact-checked news content and curating it for people who don’t have time to read long articles.

Categories
Malaysia News

Covid-19: Kampung Padang Che Mas Put Under CMCO, Taiping Is New Red Zone

Kuala Lumpur: Kedah’s Kampung Padang Che Mas area in Baling has been put under conditional movement control order (CMCO) due to surge in Covid-19 cases. This comes a day after 25 people tested positive for Covid-19 in a village in Kampung Padang Che Mas.

The CMCO will come into force from Monday until the end of this month.

According to reports, more than 230 people were screened and over 100 more samples are awaiting results of Covid-19. People have been told to stay inside at least for two weeks in order to contain the deadly virus.

Meanwhile, the country’s northwest town Taiping was also declared as a Red Zone on Thursday after more than 70 new Covid-19 cases reported in Larut Matang Selama district over the past two weeks.

Earlier, Health DG had revealed that Malaysia has seen a total of 178 Covid-19 related clusters so far, of which 103 ended.

Malaysia has seen a rapid rise in the number of cases in recent weeks with new clusters in Sabah, Kedeh and KL.

As of now, more than 18,000 cases have been recorded, of which nearly 6,000 are active.

Country’s Covid-19 death tally now stood at 170.

Follow MyShorts-NewsIn60Words

Support MyShorts: Take a minute to share this article on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. Please help, We are team of young editors dedicated to creating fact-checked news content and curating it for people who don’t have time to read long articles.