Categories
Malaysia News

Hundreds Of Rohingya Muslims Missing From Indonesian Camp

Kuala Lumpur: Hundreds of Rohingya Muslims have been missing from an Indonesian camp. It is to be feared that they have been victims of human trafficking to Malaysia. According to AFP report, only 112 Rohingya people remain left in Indonesia’s Lhokseumawe camp were more than 400 refugees arrived last year between June to September.

It is to be believed that hundreds of Rohingya Muslims have arrived in Malaysia through the Malacca strait by smugglers.

Confirming reports of missing Rohingya Muslims from Lhokseumawe camp, the authority said that they have no idea about the missing refugees.

In the past few months, dozens of Rohingya Muslims have arrived in Malaysia for a better life with the help of traffickers.

A huge human trafficking network can be seen in Thailand, which has been transporting poor people and migrants, including Rohingya refugees into Malaysia and other countries.

The plight of Rohingya Muslims began in 2017 when Myanmar’s armed forces started a crackdown against them, forcing millions of people to vacate the country.

More than 750,000 Rohingya people arrived in Bangladesh through several water routes.

Follow MyShorts-NewsIn60Words

Support MyShorts: Take a minute to share this article on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. Please help, We are team of young editors dedicated to creating fact-checked news content and curating it for people who don’t have time to read long articles.

Categories
Malaysia News

Police Frees 38 Rohingya Children From A Mask Factory In Batu Caves

Kuala Lumpur: At least 38 Rohingya children were rescued by the Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM), who were exploited as forced workers at a face mask factory. The authorities said that all teenagers were freed after the team raided two locations around 8.30 PM on Thursday.

Authorities arrested six locals, including three women in this case.

It is believed that the suspect, aged between 21 and 41, plays a role as an employer and factory owner in addition to supervisors, assistants and guardians.

According to Sinar Harian, the police acted to rescue 38 children aged between 13 and 17 years old, including seven women who were suspected of being trafficked victims for forced labour.

He said the initial investigation found that some of the children had been working at the factory for more than two months in Batu Caves, Selayang.

Follow MyShorts-NewsIn60Words

Support MyShorts: Take a minute to share this article on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. Please help, We are team of young editors dedicated to creating fact-checked news content and curating it for people who don’t have time to read long articles.

Categories
Malaysia News Top Stories

Ramkarpal Questions Home Ministry Over Dr Zakir Naik’s Terror Attack Planning In India

Kuala Lumpur: Opposition MP Ramkarpal Singh questioned the Home Ministry over speculations of controversial preacher Dr Zakir Naik allegedly planning a terror attack in India.

According to the Times of India reports, a Malaysia-based group involving Dr Zakir Naik and Rohingya refugees is planning a terror attack on India.

He questioned the government, asking if they were even considering the matter and looking at it seriously.

He asked the government to explain, while he was shocked, that the Inspector-General of Police Abdul Hamid Bador stated that he had not received any information on the incident.

Yesterday, the Times of India reported that India’s intelligence had detected a monetary transaction linked to Dr Zakir Naik who is planning a terror attack on India.

While, it also said that a team of women will be leading the attack group, which might happen within the next few weeks.

Follow MyShorts-NewsIn60Words

Support MyShorts: Take a minute to share this article on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. Please help, We are team of young editors dedicated to creating fact-checked news content and curating it for people who don’t have time to read long articles.

Categories
World

Why Bangladesh Is Shifting Rohingya Muslims To A Controversial Island?

Kuala Lumpur: Fear and uncertainty have been rising among the Rohingya Muslims at the world’s largest refugee camp in Cox Bazar in Bangladesh. Shahriar Alam, Bangladesh Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, has revealed that the government is planning to relocate at least 100,000 Rohingya Muslims to Bhasan Char island, which is located in the Bay of Bengal.

According to reports, many refugees have already been shifted to Bhasan Char island, while many people have refused to leave their camps.

The Bhasan Char island, which is under a huge risk of storms and floods, is near Bangladesh and Myanmar borders. The Island is 34 KM away from mainland Bangladesh, which was created 20 years ago in the Bay of Bengal.

The government said in a statement that Rohingya Muslims are being relocated to the island to reduce the number of refugees in Cox Bazar.

However, AK Abdul Momen, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bangladesh said that no Rohingya refugees are being forcibly moved to Bhasan Char, but they are going there voluntarily.

But Rohingya people and international human rights organisations have dismissed government reports, claiming that they are being shifted forcibly to Char Piya.

Saad Hammadi, South Asia Campaigner at Amnesty, said that the island is far and isolated, where neither a journalist nor a human right group can visit to see them.

The majority of Myanmar Buddhist people and security forces are often accused of torturing Rohingya Muslims. These people have no rights. The United Nations considers them the most oppressed ethnic group in the world.

Follow MyShorts-NewsIn60Words

Support MyShorts: Take a minute to share this article on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. Please help, We are team of young editors dedicated to creating fact-checked news content and curating it for people who don’t have time to read long articles.

Categories
Malaysia News Top Stories

Rohingya Man Charged For Raping 15-Year-Old Girl, Claims Trial

Kuala Lumpur: A Rohingya man who was charged for raping a 15-year-old girl at the Ampang Sessions Court today pleaded not guilty.

Mohammad Hassan Mohammad Rafik, said he was not guilty when the charge was read to him in Bahasa Melayu before judge Suzana Hussin.

24-year-old is accused of raping a minor, who was the known of him, in a house in Ampang at about 10 pm on 30 October.

The charges under Section 376(1) of the Penal Code carry a maximum 20-year jail term and whipping, upon conviction.

Deputy public prosecutor Raya Irna Julieza Maaras did not offer bail to Mohammad Hassan and had scheduled 28 December as the next mention.

Yesterday Mohammad Hassan’s friends Mohammed Karim Mohammad, 20, and a 17-year old, who can’t be named, both Rohingyas, claimed trial on a similar charge involving the same victim at a different location in Ampang in September, August and October.

Follow MyShorts-NewsIn60Words

Support MyShorts: Take a minute to share this article on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. Please help, We are team of young editors dedicated to creating fact-checked news content and curating it for people who don’t have time to read long articles.